ESRC is offering a one-day media training course for ESRC-funded researchers to develop skills and increase confidence to engage with the media.
The course is tailored for academics at all stages of a career, including academics with little or no experience of media engagement.
The training will cover:
- show how the media can be an effective tool to disseminate research and increase its impact
- help delegates understand what journalists want from researchers, and the news angle of research findings
- provide experience of being interviewed by a broadcast journalist in different scenarios
- offer techniques for taking control of an interview and getting a message across
- explain how working with the media can support research having an impact on policy and practice.
In small group sessions, run by journalists, participants will have the opportunity to foster interview techniques and develop ways to pitch a story.
The training is faciliated by the ESRC Press Office and Inside Edge Media Training.
Forthcoming dates and locations:
- 16 November - London
Further information and how to book:
- To find out how to book onto this course: ESRC Media Training